My first trip to NYC, flew by faster than a New York minute. Before I could count my blessings for making it to the city that never sleeps I was packing my bags to return home. What I learned is a week in New York is never enough.
While there are a million more things I would have liked to have done and see in New York, I’m grateful for all that I managed to fit in a week that traveled faster than the speed of sound.
For me, My 10 some of the highlights of my trip were:
- Almost peeing my self laughing at the comedy cellar as Lewis C.K. took the stage and beratted the questionable service excellence of five star hotel chains.
- Brunching in Tribeca like a true New Yorker at Bubby’s
- Observing the strength of humanity at the 9/11 memorial.
- Trying to contain my laughter and surprise as three teenage boys performed quite the pole dance on the subway ride from Brooklyn to New York.
- Drinking bubbles as the girl at DryBar worked magic on my rain ruined hair.
- Watching the city come to live in Times Square.
- Shopping, or should I say window shopping, on 5th avenue
- Sweating next to Victoria Secret Models and thinking “I got this” at The Bari Studio .
- Riding up to the 102 floor of the Empire State Building
- Dining and drinking in Brooklyn
Next time I’m in New York, I hope to make it to a show on broadway, stroll through Central Park, and to enjoy a boat ride to the Statue of Liberty.
Until next time NYC.
Next up, The Netherlands!